- 1 How long is the ferry ride from Bayfield to Madeline Island?
- 2 How much does the Madeline Island Ferry cost?
- 3 Can you walk around Madeline Island?
- 4 How do you get out to Madeline Island?
- 5 Can you live on Madeline Island?
- 6 Are there bears on Madeline Island?
- 7 Where should I stay when visiting the Apostle Islands?
- 8 How long does it take to get to Madeline Island?
- 9 How does Madeline Island get power?
- 10 Is there cell service on Madeline Island?
- 11 What’s Open on Madeline Island?
- 12 Is Madeline Island Open?
- 13 What do Madeline Island do?
- 14 How do you get to Apostle Island?
- 15 How far is Madeline Island from Minneapolis?
How long is the ferry ride from Bayfield to Madeline Island?
Ferry schedule and rates. The ferry ride takes approximately 20-25 minutes. From the mainland dock in Bayfield to Island dock the distance is approximately 2.5 miles.
How much does the Madeline Island Ferry cost?
We recommend arriving on the dock 20 minutes before your desired departure time. Please see ferry rates below or call Ferry Line office at 715-747-2051 for more information. ADDITIONAL FERRY RATES.
|Auto (19 ft and less than 22 ft)||$20.50||$41.00|
|Vehicle (19 ft and less than 22 ft)||$20.50||$41.00|
Can you walk around Madeline Island?
Madeline Island Ferry Line provides twice daily walking tours during the summer peak season.
How do you get out to Madeline Island?
Madeline Island can be accessed via private boat, airplane or ferry. The Madeline Island Ferry Line boat landing is located at the northeast end of Bayfield. Turn east onto Washington Avenue off of State Highway 13. Ferry service is provided from March or April until freeze-up, weather permitting.
Can you live on Madeline Island?
With a population of 302, La Pointe, the only town on Madeline Island, has small town charm. The population increases to over 1500 with the arrival of summer residents. The Madeline Island Airport has a 3,000-foot paved landing strip and is open year ’round.
Are there bears on Madeline Island?
On Madeline, people rarely see them. And yet, according to a fact sheet published by the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore (National Park Service) Stockton Island supports one of the most concentrated populations of black bears in the world.
Where should I stay when visiting the Apostle Islands?
Staying Near Apostle Islands Marina
- Lucy’s Place: With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Old Rittenhouse Inn: This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
How long does it take to get to Madeline Island?
The most common way to get to Madeline Island is to take the Madeline Island Ferry. In the summer months, the ferry leaves every 30 minutes during the day and the 2.5 mile trip takes about 25 minutes one way. Passengers can walk, take a bike or drive their vehicles aboard for a visit to Madeline Island.
How does Madeline Island get power?
In summer the Island grows to over 3,500 with tourists and summer residents. The Island has almost 1,000 structures. utility data and design a system(s) to supplant 100% utility supplied electricity with renewable electric energy production. This included solar and a combined heat and power wood gasification operation.
Is there cell service on Madeline Island?
Our Island has poor cellular service that is almost legendary. Unless you have Alltel local service (from Chequamegon Telephone Cooperative on the nearby mainland) or your cellular carrier is AT & T, you can expect to have problems using your cellphone on Madeline Island.
What’s Open on Madeline Island?
- What’s open on Madeline Island? Click here for current business hours.
- Beach Club.
- Cafe Seiche.
- Farmhouse Madeline.
- Grampa Tony’s.
- Rock House (aka Jody’s Food Truck): Great food within walking distance of the ferry.
- Mission Hill Coffee House & Gifts.
- Q & Z’s Bakery & Cafe.
Is Madeline Island Open?
On This Page Navigation On This Page. Apostle Islands National Lakeshore is open year-round; however, the islands become much more challenging to access during the shoulder seasons and winter.
What do Madeline Island do?
Historical Walking Tour – downtown LaPointe. Big Bay State Park – a popular spot for camping, swimming, boating and hiking. Madeline Island Ferry – runs several trips per day between Bayfield and Madeline Island. Madeline Island Golf Club a Robert Trent Jones designed Golf Course.
How do you get to Apostle Island?
Island Tours/Shuttles The most popular is the 55-mile “Grand Tour” which travels through the heart of the Apostle Islands archipelago. Trips leave from Bayfield daily from late May to mid-October. Cruises provide views of most of the islands, as well as close looks at dramatic sandstone cliffs and historic lighthouses.
How far is Madeline Island from Minneapolis?
It is approximately 178 miles to get from Minneapolis to Madeline Island.