- 1 How long does it take to get to Apostle Islands from Milwaukee?
- 2 How do you get to the Apostle Islands?
- 3 Can I drive to Apostle Islands?
- 4 Can you stay on the Apostle Islands?
- 5 Can you swim on Madeline Island?
- 6 Can you kayak to the Apostle Islands?
- 7 How much does it cost to go to Apostle Islands?
- 8 Where should I stay when visiting the Apostle Islands?
- 9 How much does it cost to take the ferry to Madeline Island?
- 10 When should I go to Apostle Islands?
- 11 How far is Apostle Islands from Minneapolis?
- 12 How long is Apostle Island Grand Tour?
- 13 Are there bears in the Apostle Islands?
- 14 How many Apostle Islands are there?
- 15 What cities are near the Apostle Islands?
How long does it take to get to Apostle Islands from Milwaukee?
It takes approximately 6h 52m to get from Milwaukee to Apostle Islands, including transfers.
How do you get to the Apostle Islands?
Island Tours/Shuttles The most popular is the 55-mile “Grand Tour” which travels through the heart of the Apostle Islands archipelago. Trips leave from Bayfield daily from late May to mid-October. Cruises provide views of most of the islands, as well as close looks at dramatic sandstone cliffs and historic lighthouses.
Can I drive to Apostle Islands?
The Apostle Islands National Lakeshore is located in Lake Superior in Northern Wisconsin. While the closest big city to the Apostle Islands is the Duluth, Minnesota and Superior, Wisconsin metropolitan area, it is over an hour-long drive from Duluth to the islands.
Can you stay on the Apostle Islands?
Camping is available on 18 of the Lakeshore’s 21 islands, and at one campsite on the mainland. The mainland campsite is only accessible by kayak or a 6-mile hike on the Lakeshore Trail from Meyers Beach. There is NO drive up car, tent, or RV camping available in the Apostle Islands.
Can you swim on Madeline Island?
Swimming to Madeline Island has been a storied feat around the Bayfield area for decades. Starting as a community swim for 24 people in 2006, the Point to La Pointe has grown into a thriving race that sells out annually at 500 swimmers.
Can you kayak to the Apostle Islands?
Apostle Islands is renowned for it’s water resource including the beaches, sea caves, lighthouses, and island camping. A sea kayak is the recommended kayak that should be used in the Apostle Islands.
How much does it cost to go to Apostle Islands?
1. Is there an entrance fee? No. Apostle Islands National Lakeshore does not charge an entrance fee, but does have expanded amenity fees.
Where should I stay when visiting the Apostle Islands?
Staying Near Apostle Islands Marina
- Lucy’s Place: With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Old Rittenhouse Inn: This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
How much does it cost to take the ferry to Madeline Island?
We recommend arriving on the dock 20 minutes before your desired departure time. Please see ferry rates below or call Ferry Line office at 715-747-2051 for more information. ADDITIONAL FERRY RATES.
|Auto (19 ft and less than 22 ft)||$20.50||$41.00|
|Vehicle (19 ft and less than 22 ft)||$20.50||$41.00|
When should I go to Apostle Islands?
Summer is the best time to visit the Apostle Islands, namely July and August. June and September are also good months, but meteorological conditions are much more unstable.
How far is Apostle Islands from Minneapolis?
Distance from Minneapolis, MN to Apostle Islands National Lakeshore 236 Miles – 380 Km.
How long is Apostle Island Grand Tour?
The Grand Tour takes you on a narrated, informative 55-mile scenic tour. Throughout this memorable cruise, you’ll pass extraordinary natural scenery, beautiful historic Raspberry and Devils Island Lighthouses, standing rocks, extensive sea caves, and marine wildlife.
Are there bears in the Apostle Islands?
One of the greatest concentrations of black bears in North America is found on Stockton Island in the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. Due to their mobility and expert swimming skills, bears may be found on just about any of the Apostle Islands.
How many Apostle Islands are there?
The 21 islands and 12 miles of mainland coast host a unique blend of cultural and natural resources. Apostle Islands National Lakeshore has more lighthouses than any other site in the National Park System with 9 historic towers on 6 islands.
What cities are near the Apostle Islands?
Road Trip to Wisconsin’s Apostle Islands and Harbor Towns
- Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. Starting a road trip in the northern region of Wisconsin on Lake Superior, travelers can start at the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
- Green Bay.
- Sturgeon Bay.