- 1 What did the apostle Paul say about exercise?
- 2 What does the Bible says about physical exercise?
- 3 Why does the Bible say bodily exercise profiteth little?
- 4 What the Bible says about physical strength?
- 5 Is it a sin to not exercise?
- 6 Is it a sin to exercise on Sunday?
- 7 What are the benefits of exercise?
- 8 What does God say about being healthy?
- 9 Does the Bible speak of exercise?
- 10 Do not let them look down on you?
- 11 What does it profit a man?
- 12 What is godliness mean?
- 13 What does Psalm 27 say?
- 14 Can God give you physical strength?
- 15 What is a good prayer for strength?
What did the apostle Paul say about exercise?
Or what Paul said to Timothy: “Bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for ALL things” (1 Timothy 4:8). Physical appearance ISN’T everything. Physical fitness requires balance.
What does the Bible says about physical exercise?
… but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. “I’m too tired” is one of the most common excuses not to exercise out there.
Why does the Bible say bodily exercise profiteth little?
The “ little ” in the first part of the verse is contrasted with the “all things” in the second part of the verse. Compared to godliness (i.e., God-likeness), which impacts one’s earthly and eternal existence, bodily exercise pales in importance. So it is with bodily exercise. THE VERSE REVEALS THAT EXERCISE DOES PROFIT.
What the Bible says about physical strength?
“Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.” “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.” “The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.” “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.”
Is it a sin to not exercise?
Deuteronomy 4:2; Deuteronomy 12:32). With this in mind, the ultimate question becomes, is there any Commandment in the Bible that says, thou shalt exercise? The answer is no. No such commandment exis in the Bible, therefore by definition it is not a sin not to exercise.
Is it a sin to exercise on Sunday?
The Sabbath is a day of rest, reflection, and worship. If you find exercising to assist with any of those things, please, exercise. My Sunday usually includes a hike after services. It’s perfectly fine to do workouts on Sunday because it’s not the Sabbath.
What are the benefits of exercise?
- Exercise controls weight. Exercise can help prevent excess weight gain or help maintain weight loss.
- Exercise combats health conditions and diseases.
- Exercise improves mood.
- Exercise boosts energy.
- Exercise promotes better sleep.
- Exercise puts the spark back into your sex life.
- Exercise can be fun … and social!
What does God say about being healthy?
– 1 Corinthians 10:31. When you bring God into your healthy eating, it changes everything. Striving to honor Him in your food and drink choices will bring not only a heart change, but it will also change your choices.
Does the Bible speak of exercise?
Fitness is in The Word of Creation He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made” (John 1:1-2); then creation speaks of God’s movement too.
Do not let them look down on you?
1 Timothy 4:12, NIV: ” Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.”
What does it profit a man?
“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, but lose his soul?” -Mark 8:36”
What is godliness mean?
noun. the quality or practice of conforming to the laws and wishes of God; devoutness and moral uprightness:To be wise is to live in godliness, reflecting the nature of the kingdom of God in the course of everyday life.
What does Psalm 27 say?
Psalm 27 1 The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
Can God give you physical strength?
“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” The Good News: We are not our worldly bodies or the physical struggles that our bodies may face, we are only our devotion to God. He will provide strength even if our bodies cannot, and long after we are gone.
What is a good prayer for strength?
Touch me, O Lord, and fill me with your light and your hope. Amen. Dear God, please give me strength when I am weak, love when I feel forsaken, courage when I am afraid, wisdom when I feel foolish, comfort when I am alone, hope when I feel rejected, and peace when I am in turmoil. Amen.